JOB TITLE: SALES ASSOCIATE, FULL AND PART- TIME
Every full or part-time sales associate is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within company policy, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store. The term “sales associate” applies to the positions of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift employee, both full and part-time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Observes shift operating hours as assigned by the Store Manager, or Acting Manager.
* Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager, or Acting Manager.
* Acknowledges all customers and provides prompt and courteous service.
* Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager, or Acting Manager.
* Stays familiar with the Company policies and procedures.
* Ensures the Store Manager is made aware of all sales, cash or operation discrepancies.
* Operates their shift within company guidelines.
* Prepares a shift change report at the completion of the shift in accordance with company guidelines.
* Properly posts all hours worked on the timesheet and signs timesheet verifying all hours worked.
* Notifies Store Manager of any discrepancies in the operation results on the shift report, or cash over and short shift conditions in excess of $ 2.00.
* Assures proper sale of money orders and lottery tickets during shift.
* Rings all sales as instructed by Store Manager.
* Accurately posts markups and markdowns, store use of merchandise and damaged merchandise on store logs.
* Assures proper accounting for all credit cards, lottery, money order and EBT sales.
* Advises the Store Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operation performance.
* Shares the responsibility for controlling the inventory during the shift.
* Follows company policy with regard to excessive cash in registers and control of safe fund.
* Follows correct vendor check-in procedure as defined by company policy.
* Protects company assets at all times.
* Follows all laws and policies in regard to alcohol sales.
* Follows all laws regarding the sale of cigarettes or tobacco related products.
* Immediately reports all incidents to Store Manager.
* Have knowledge of location and proper use of emergency numbers.
* Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
* Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies high margin products such as coffee,
fountain drinks, etc as directed by Store Manager.
* Uses correct pricing as listed in the price book or directed by Store Manager.
* Uses suggestive selling to all customers to increase stores profit.
* Keeps store floors clean at all times.
* Cleans windows, shelving, counters, deli case, cold case, bathrooms and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times.
* Immediately advises Store Manager of any maintenance problems.
* Keeps supplies for bathrooms and window wash buckets full.
* Empty trash cans on the fuel islands, bathrooms and fast food counter as needed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
* Be able to stand for eight (8) hours or more per shift per day.
* Be able to speak, read, understand and write the English language.
* Be able to perform arithmetical calculations in order to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
* Have enough visual accuracy to check identification, for alcohol and cigarette transactions.
* Be able to read and understand instructions for correct operation of point of sale, money order,
phone card, lottery, and pay at pump and other equipment.
* Be able to lift to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer, potatoes, chicken, etc.
* Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
* Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
* Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows and change air filters.
* Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
* Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store.
* Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 28 degrees up to 15 minutes at a time.
* Be able to perform all required duties for up to 8 hours or more per shift.
* Be able to be cross-trained to all positions of the store.
* Be able to adhere to our dress code policy.
* Be able to provide a background check.
The list of Requirements, Duties and Responsibilities is not inclusive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development).
If hired, you will be required to purchase a minimum of 2 (PT) and 3 (FT) new uniform shirts. These are currently $10.00 per shirt. As needed, you will be responsible for purchasing replacements. This will be done through payroll deduction.
If you feel that you are a good candidate for employment and can perform the duties outlined,
BY pressing the “SUBMIT" button at the end of the application you have signed your name and adhere to the statement above.